Bunters Ltd (‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’) is committed to ensuring that our clients, customers and applicants (‘you’ or ‘your’) privacy is protected as required under the Data Protection Act legislation and we are registered with the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO).
- what information we collect about you
- what we use your information for and how we use it
- what information we retain about you and how we ensure it is secure
- your rights to view information we hold
- disclosure of your information
- 1. The information we collect about you
When you enquire about or apply for our services we will need to collect ‘personal information’ about you and your family including: names, address, contact details, photographs, details of your home, lifestyle and other personal information. We may collect this ‘personal information’ over the phone, by you filling in a paper form or a form on our website.
- 2. What we use your information for and how we use it
We gather your personal information to allow us to provide our service to you and to contact you related to our services. Where required to provide our service, we will share your information with relevant third parties, including agencies and applicants in other countries in the EU.
Similarly, the agencies abroad collect personal information from the applicants and share this with us and you. All personal information is exchanged with the intent of matching compatibility between your situation and applicants, envisaging that applicants will be living in the same family house as you.
- 3. What information we retain and how we ensure it is secure
We will retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary for us to provide a service to you and for the purpose for which it was collected. We retain this information securely at our registered office. We destroy your information when it is no longer necessary for us to retain it.
- 4. Your rights to view information we hold
You are entitled to ask for a copy of any personal data that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected.
- 5. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following circumstances:
- if Bunters is acquired as a business
- if we are required to comply with our legal obligations e.g. disclosure to a government agency
- to protect our rights or safety and those of our customers or third party agencies